Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Cloth Diapering 101 Which Ones to Buy

As I continue with Cloth Diapering 101 I would like to discuss the ones I prefer to use.


When my son was very young it was easier to use the prefolds because they seem to fit well. I just would have to change the prefold and I could use the same cover.  And I had alot more prefold than regular cloth diapers.

I found that the older he got the harder it was to get the prefolds on him without leaking.  So this is when I started using the regular cloth diapers.  I fould that I also prefer the diapers that are only one size over the ones that grow with the baby.  I found that they are a better fit around the legs and did not leak as much as the diapers that could grow with the baby. 

There are two different kinds of diapers that grow with the baby.  There are ones that are just 2 sizes (duo) Then there are ones that can go from infant to toddler  (Small to large).  I did have a few of both kinds and found that the duo diapers worked much better than those that were several sizes. I found the ones that were several sizes only fit my son the best when they were on the biggest setting.  So I had to wait till he was over 1 year old to use any of these diapers. 
I also like the ones that snap together rather than the velcro, because I had a problem with the velcro rubbing my son's leg and leaving a red spot.  Also the snaps seem to get a tigher fit to prevent leaking.

Has anyone else had a problem with the velcro fastening diapers leaving spots on the legs?

No comments:

Post a Comment